Friday, January 9, 2009

Creaking Floors?

Hi Folks,
Creaking floors seem to be a particular issue in 10855. Living on the top floor makes this issue tolerable for me, but I know it must be a major burden for #201. (Sorry guys) I raised this issue when I closed but was told that there was a certain allowable tolerance of creaking and all units were within that tolerance.
Have any other buildings experienced this and was it addressed with a satisfactory result. I realize that it involves clearing out bedrooms and pulling up carpet which seems like a major PITA but I might be willing to have this happen if they could guarantee their work. I really regret not making this a conditional issue on closing. And now the problem seems to be worse since I've moved in my furniture. Do you think this is a warranty issue that should be pursued?

Eric

4 comments:

Radu Ban said...

We've had the same issue in 10853 #201. Over time (we moved in April) we got used to it and it no longer bothers us. I'm not sure what can be done about it. From what you're saying it looks like quite a hassle. Sure we'd like to have it fixed but we should first get a more professional opinion about what exactly it entails and how much it costs.

Anisa said...

It is not just 10853 and 10855. It is a nightmare in 10851. It is progressing over time and gets louder. If any one finds a solution please share!

It is within the warranty but apparently that is not enough!

Erin said...

we have certain spots in 10859 #102. However, we have no idea what it's like upstairs because no one lives above or below us. It's definitely not something anyone would have paid attention to when you first check out the place and do the final inspection. I think this is normal because it is an old building. floors do creak every now and then. I doubt there will be something that would go under the warranty.

I'm Setting Forth said...

Brittaney and I raised this issue to the developer's attention during our Board organizational meeting Monday night. A memo will be drafted and distributed addressing the issue. Please feel free to share your concerns with Brittaney or me, and, of course, Josh Roberts: 301-951-5848 x 226 or jroberts@frontierfin.com.